: This is a photograph of a guidon of the 6th Independent Battery, Ohio Veteran Volunteer Light Artillery.
Ohio battle flags were on display at the Ohio Statehouse until the 1960s, when the state formed a committee to oversee the efforts to restore the fragile flags. Some of the battle flags were on display on the Plaza Level of the Ohio Historical Society from 1970 until 1989. For conservation reasons, the flags have been in storage since 1989. In the 1960s, the collection was photographed and commercial artist Robert Needham painted illustrations of many Civil War flags. Photographs of the flags and the paintings are now part of the society's archival collections. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL01828 Subjects
: Ceremonial artifact; Communication artifact; Military flags; Flags--Ohio; United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865; Textile--silk; United States. Army. Ohio Independent Battery, 6th; Ohio Veteran Volunteer Light Artillery Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)