: This badly damaged flag is made of silk and is painted with letters and gold stars.
Flag represents the Ohio National Guard's Camp Bushnell, a training facility during the Spanish-American War. Camp Bushnell was established in Bullitt Park which is now a part of Bexley. On April 25 1898, President William McKinley, through Governor Asa S. Bushnell, issued the first call to arms.
Mrs. Tella Axline Dewitt of Columbus, Ohio, donated this flag in 1937 View on Ohio Memory.
: index Subjects
: Ceremonial artifact; Communication artifact; National Guard--Ohio; Spanish-American War, 1898; Textile--silk; Camp Bushnell--Ohio Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)