: This is a photograph of a Guidon of 308th Motor Supply Train of the 83rd Infantry Division. It is a red pennant with white appliqued numbers "308" next to transportation regimental crest. The crest consists of a wheel with 13 spokes and a ring of 13 stars on the outer edge. There is a sword and a key crossed through the wheel. An eagle with outstretched wings is perched on top of the wheel. The crest is white, appliqued to red field. It is a pennant shape. It is a manufactured, machine sewn, appliqued red and white flag.
Ohio battle flags were on display at the Ohio Statehouse until the 1960s, when the state formed a committee to oversee the efforts to restore the fragile flags. Some of the battle flags were on display on the Plaza Level of the Ohio Historical Society from 1970 until 1989. For conservation reasons, the flags have been in storage since 1989. In the 1960s, the collection was photographed and commercial artist Robert Needham painted illustrations of many Civil War flags. Photographs of the flags and the paintings are now part of the society's archival collections. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL02255 Subjects
: Flags--Ohio; World War, 1914-1918; Ceremonial artifact; Communication artifact; Military flags Places
: Guidon of the 308th Motor Supply Train, 83rd Infantry Division