: This is a photograph of a Guidon of the 37th Division Transportation, 37th Infantry Division. Rectangular flag measures 91 cm high by 118 cm wide. The divisional Colors of the 37th Division Transportation are shown with a blue field with "37" and "T" appliqued with white fabric. The gold fringe, 6 cm long with self plied loops, is on three sides of the rectangular shaped flag. It was machine sewn with appliques.
Ohio battle flags were on display at the Ohio Statehouse until the 1960s, when the state formed a committee to oversee the efforts to restore the fragile flags. Some of the battle flags were on display on the Plaza Level of the Ohio Historical Society from 1970 until 1989. For conservation reasons, the flags have been in storage since 1989. In the 1960s, the collection was photographed and commercial artist Robert Needham painted illustrations of many Civil War flags. Photographs of the flags and the paintings are now part of the society's archival collections. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL02295 Subjects
: Flags--Ohio; World War, 1939-1945 - Ohio; Military flags; Communication artifact; Ceremonial artifact Places
: Guidon of the 37th Division Transportation, 37th Infantry Division