: Photograph of the park garage at Fort Ancient. The garage, 24 x 100, built for the trucks, work shop and a tool room. Project started December 2, 1933 and completed December 28, 1933.
Fort Ancient features 18,000 feet of earthen walls built 2,000 years ago by American Indians who used the shoulder blades of deer, split elk antler, clam shell hoes and digging sticks to dig the dirt. They then carried the soil in baskets holding 35 to 40 pounds. Portions of the walls were used in conjunction with the sun and moon to provide a calendar system for the peoples. View on Ohio Memory.
: 3076_89_23_apr35_10 Subjects
: Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.); New Deal, 1933-1939; Fort Ancient State Memorial (Ohio); Garages Places
: Fort Ancient (Ohio); Warren County (Ohio)