: View of the Ohio State Office Building taken from City Hall on West Broad Street, Columbus, ca. 1933. The Scioto River and Town Street bridge are seen on the right side of the photograph. Groundbreaking for the Ohio State Office Building took place on November 19, 1929. The building, located at 65 South Front Street in downtown Columbus, took the site of 34 businesses. Designed by architects Harry Hake, Frank Bail and Alfred Hahn, it is noted as an excellent example of architecture from the Art Deco period. Construction began on October 31, 1930, and the cornerstone was laid on May 16, 1931. After damage from an explosion on April 14, 1932, the building eventually opened on March 27, 1933. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL03265 Subjects
: Public buildings--Ohio--Columbus; Office buildings Ohio; Architecture--Ohio--Columbus--History--20th century Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin (Ohio)