: Print with the caption "The attack on Fort Meigs, May 5, 1813" published in the "Hard Cider and Log Cabin Almanac," 1841. Fort Meigs was built on the Maumee River during the War of 1812 under the orders of General William Henry Harrison. It was intended to serve as a staging area and supply depot to support the invasion of Canada. The U.S. Army successfully defended the fort from multiple attacks by the British Army and their Native American allies. Fort Meigs no longer exists, but a reconstructed fort now stands on the site of the original. The Ohio Historical Society operates the site. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL03929 Subjects
: Fort Meigs (Ohio); Ohio History--Military Ohio Places
: Fort Meigs (Ohio); Wood County (Ohio)