: A window diorama at the F. & R. Lazarus Company depicting soldiers returning from the Spanish-American War in 1898. In honor of the Gallant Fourth regiment, which included three Lazarus associates, Lazarus staged a parade down High Street headed by Ralph Lazarus and the Springfield Cadet Band. 150 Lazarus associates marched and 10,000 central Ohioans cheered. This display ran from February 12-18, 1951. Simon Lazarus founded the F & R Lazarus & Company in Columbus, Ohio, in 1851. In 2003, after a successful century and a half, the Lazarus Company was incorporated with Macy's, a member of the Federated Department stores. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04389 Subjects
: Spanish-American War, 1898; Lazarus Department Store; Ohio History--Military Ohio; Business enterprises--Ohio--Columbus; The F. & R. Lazarus Company (Columbus, Ohio); Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)