: Front cover of the Storrs & Harrison Co. catalog, featuring an illustration of a lawn with velvet sod lawn grass, Painesville, Ohio, Spring 1898. The company was founded in 1881 by J.J. Harrison and Jesse Storrs as a nursery selling plants and seeds. In the late 1800s, they put out 5 catalogs a year through which individuals could order seeds by mail. By 1927, Storrs and Harrison was one of the largest nurseries in the country. It was sold in 1940. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05078 Subjects
: Gardening; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business; Catalogs; Flowers Places
: Painesville (Ohio); Lake County (Ohio)