: Founded by the Methodist Church in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is located in Delaware, Ohio. This illustration depicts Elliott Hall, the oldest building on campus. Originally built in 1833 as a luxury health resort called the Mansion House Hotel, Elliott Hall is Ohio's oldest collegiate Greek Revival building. Renamed in 1877 for Dr. Charles Elliott, who helped establish Ohio Wesleyan University, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973 and the National Register of Historic Buildings in 1982. This image is from the "Historical Collections of Ohio," published by Henry Howe in 1847. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04167 Subjects
: Ohio Wesleyan University; Education, Higher--Ohio--History; College buildings; Cultural Ohio--Education; Greek Revival Places
: Delaware (Ohio); Delaware County (Ohio)