: This illustration shows a view of the original Cuyahoga County Jail. The two-story stone building was completed in 1813 and also served as the first Cuyahoga County courthouse and administration building. A wooden fence appears to surround the building. The original illustration appeared in "History of the Oberlin-Wellington Rescue," compiled by Jacob Shipherd and published in 1859. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04272 Subjects
: Cleveland (Ohio); Ohio History--State and Local Government--Corrections; ; Prisons--Ohio--Pictorial works; Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)