: This first page is part of a four-page brochure or pamphlet for the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College, located in Columbus, Ohio. The cover page explains that the college was "opened for the admission of students" on September 17, 1873. Beneath the charter information, the President and various professors are named with their titles. The "Departments of Instruction" are described at the bottom of the page, continuing on subsequent pages.
The Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College later changed its name, in 1878, to The Ohio State University to more accurately reflect the diversity of course offerings and educational opportunities.
View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04273 Subjects
: Agricultural education; Land Grants; Education, Higher--Ohio--History; Ohio Economy--Agriculture; Ohio State University--History; Universities and colleges Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio);