: This is the title page for the First Annual Report of the Soldiers' Aid Society of Northern Ohio to the U.S. Sanitary Commission, July 1st, 1862. The organization's headquarters were at No. 95 Bank Street, Cleveland, Ohio. The Soldiers' Aid Society of Northern Ohio operated under the auspices of the U.S. Sanitary Commission, but originally grew out of the Ladies' Aid Society, organized in Cleveland in 1861. The LAS merged with other area charities to form the Soldiers' Aid Society, and worked to provide medical care, clothing, supplies and food to Union soldiers during the Civil War. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04291 Subjects
: United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865; Ohio History--Military Ohio; Soldiers--Ohio; Veterans; Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)