: Unidentified speaker addressing an audience at the laying of the cornerstone of the State Office Building, Columbus, Ohio, 1931. Construction of the building began in 1930 and was completed in 1933. The 14-story, white marble building was designed by Cincinnati architect Harry Hake and serves as a classic example of the Modernistic style. The building was later known as the Ohio Judicial Center until 2011, when the state Supreme Court named the center in honor of the late Chief Justice Thomas Moyer, who was the second-longest chief justice in state history at the time of his death in April 2010. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05678 Subjects
: Ohio History--State and Local Government; cornerstones; Construction; Office buildings Ohio; Modernist Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)