: This photograph shows the main corridor of the State Office Building, Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1935. Also called the "Hall of Fame," the marble-clad corridor features the streamlined fluted columns and panels common to Art Deco design.
Construction of the building began in 1930 and was completed in 1933. The 14-story, white marble structure was designed by Cincinnati architect Harry Hake (1871-1955) and serves as a classic example of the Art Moderne style. The interior of the building includes public spaces decorated with murals, mosaics and bas-reliefs that illustrate the history of Ohio and its industries. The building was later known as the Ohio Judicial Center until 2011, when the state Supreme Court named the center in honor of the late Chief Justice Thomas Moyer, who was the second-longest-serving chief justice in state history at the time of his death in April 2010. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05706 Subjects
: Ohio History--State and Local Government; Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Modernist; Art Deco; Architecture--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)