: This mission served the Wyandot Indians population near Lake Erie. Reverend James Finley (1781-1856), a Wyandot missionary appointed by the Methodist Episcopal Church, successfully converted over half of the Wyandot people in present-day Wyandot County to Christianity. Located in back of the church is a cemetery. The Wyandots were removed to Kansas in 1843.
The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06544 Subjects
: Wyandot Indians--History; Wyandot County (Ohio); Upper Sandusky (Ohio) Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)