: This color image is a view of the front exterior of the First Congregational Church, Twinsburg, Ohio, ca. 1960-1969. The white frame church and steeple are seen from the church's parking lot.
The Twinsburg Congregational Church was organized in 1822. Twinsburg pioneers, many from Killingworth, Connecticut, worshiped in various locations for 31 years until this church was built in 1848. The spire was destroyed by a windstorm in 1856 and was replaced at year later. The edifice is notable for being a Greek Revival translation of the standard meeting house of the preceding Federal period.
The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06631 Subjects
: Churches--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; Greek Revival; Twinsburg (Ohio) Places
: Twinsburg (Ohio); Summit County (Ohio)