: Dated ca. 1990, this photograph shows the exterior of the Columbus Museum of Art, located in downtown Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. The first iteration of the museum was called the Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts in 1878, which was in Sessions Mansion, home of Francis Charles Sessions, first president of the Commercial National Bank and founder of the Columbus Art School. The current building for the museum, located at 480 East Broad Street, opened in 1923. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL06716 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio); Art museums; Museums; Art, American--Ohio Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio); Ohio