: This photograph is of the electric Chair from the Ohio Penitentiary. The building was completed in 1834 and was the site of hangings until 1897. The electric chair was installed at that time and was in use until 1963. During that time, 315 people, both men and women, were electrocuted. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07585 Subjects
: Ohio Penitentiary (Columbus, Ohio); Death row; Ohio History--State and Local Government--Corrections; Prisoners and prisons Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)