Car in front of Wyandot County Courthouse   Save
Car in front of Wyandot County Courthouse
Description: An old car on a snowy street in front of the Wyandot County Courthouse in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. The information on the photograph indicates one of the individuals in the car is Charles Seligman. The Wyandot County Courthouse is one of the best-preserved examples of classical architecture from the turn of the century, built in 1899 on the site of a cemetery for soldiers who died in battle in the War of 1812. The County Municipal Courtroom served as the setting for courtroom scenes in the film “The Shawshank Redemption.” Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a traveling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AL07767
Subjects: Automobiles--Ohio--History; Ohio History--State and Local Government; Photographers--Ohio; Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Historic buildings--Ohio; Courthouses--Ohio
Places: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)