: Horse-drawn sleigh in front of the Wyandot County Courthouse in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. The Wyandot County Courthouse is one of the best-preserved examples of classical architecture from the turn of the century, built in 1899 on the site of a cemetery for soldiers who died in battle in the War of 1812. The County Municipal Courtroom served as the setting for courtroom scenes in the film “The Shawshank Redemption.” Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07768 Subjects
: Ohio History--State and Local Government; Photographers--Ohio; Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Historic buildings--Ohio; Courthouses--Ohio Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)