: Five newsboys in front of the Wyandot Union Republican newspaper office in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Broadsides on the building advertise public sales, an upcoming concert, and the campaign of William H. Taft for president. The Wyandot Union Republican was a daily newspaper published in and distributed across Upper Sandusky from 1903 through 1916. Its preceding title was Wyandot County Republican (1869-1903) and it was succeeded by the Daily Union (1916-1938). Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07769 Subjects
: Newspaper publishing; Printing industry and trade--Ohio; Newspapers; Photographers--Ohio; Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)