Kinley's Department Store interior photograph   Save
Kinley's Department Store interior photograph
Description: Interior view of Kinley's Department Store in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Opened by John H. Kinley in 1896, the store operated until 1929 at 132 North Sandusky Avenue. This photograph was taken of his father's store by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. He was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). Kinley was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AL07833
Subjects: Ohio Economy--Economy--Business; Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Department stores;
Places: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio);