: Photograph showing Ohio Trailer Supply Co. next to Bob's Place restaurant at the northeast corner of Mound and 4th Street in Columbus, Ohio. The second floor of this building held a meeting room known as Druid's Hall. A caption on the back of the photograph reads "Druid Hall. South Fourth and E. Mound where AFL was organized in 1886. (N.B. This is not the building where the AF of L was founded. It was founded at 146 S. 4th St.)" The American Federation of Labor is one of the first labor union federations established in the United States, and merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955 to form the AFL-CIO. View on Ohio Memory.
: SC0836_002 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; City and town life; Streets--Ohio--Columbus; Labor unions--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)