: Photograph showing the Power House at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, built by Elford, Inc.
Elford, Inc. was founded in 1910 in Columbus, Ohio, by Edward "Pop" Elford. Edward's son Harold joined the firm in 1923 and the company began to expand. Under Harold's leadership, the company built twelve facilities at Ohio State University, and completed over thirty construction projects for Battelle Memorial Institute. The company went onto build a wide variety of buildings including banks, churches, hospitals, hotels/motels, offices and rental buildings. Significant examples of their work include the Harding Memorial, St. Stephen's Church, and the Dublin (Ohio) Bridge. View on Ohio Memory.
: P390B03F02_001_01 Subjects
: Ohio State University--History; College buildings; Construction industry--Ohio; Architecture--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)