Cleveland Square courthouse photograph   Save
Cleveland Square courthouse photograph
Description: Photograph of a courthouse at the northwest corner of Cleveland Square (now known as Public Square) in 1874, from the collection of Louis Baus. Baus, a native of Cleveland, Ohio, was born in 1875. He began his career as a professional photographer doing studio work before becoming a staff photographer for the Cleveland Advocate in 1911. Baus worked for the paper, which was later purchased by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, for thirty-eight years until his death in 1949. He was also an avid collector of historic photographs. The Louis Baus Collection consists of over one thousand photographs mounted in eleven albums, showing historic Cleveland, the village of Zoar and Ohio covered bridges and mills. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: P223_B01_A03_205
Subjects: Cleveland (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Cities and towns--Ohio; squares (open spaces); Courthouses--Ohio--History;
Places: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)