: Black and white postcard showing a streetview of High Street looking south from State Street in Columbus, Ohio, 1907. On the reverse is a message addressed to Dr. C.E. Rice of Alliance, Ohio. A note indicates that this postcard may have been used in an F. & R. Lazarus Company window display in February of 1934. Seen in the photograph are a streetcar, numerous shops and carriages, and arches spanning the street. The High Street arches were a well-known Columbus attraction, installed for the Northwest Territory centennial celebration in 1888. They were all removed by 1916, but were reinstalled beginning in 2002 and are now a recognizable feature of the Short North arts district in Columbus. View on Ohio Memory.
: SC864_01_01 Subjects
: Streets--Ohio--Columbus; Arches; Ohio Economy--Transportation and Development; Street-railroads--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)