: Newspaper clipping showing an image of the Como Avenue Methodist Church in Clintonville. This church was built around 1910 and was used by the neighborhood's Methodist congregation until North Broadway Methodist Church was dedicated in 1924. At that point, according to a caption accompanying the photo, the Como site was sold to the Evangelical Church and became the Como Evangelical Church. This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. H. V. Cottrell, historian for the Clinton League (sometimes called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1938-1943. The book shows the development of the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio, and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
: P285_MB1_027 Subjects
: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Churches--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)