: Photograph showing first and second grade students on the steps of Clintonville School, ca. 1900. This school was located at the corner of Clinton Heights Avenue and North High Street, and was later replaced by another elementary school which is still in use today. This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. H. V. Cottrell, historian for the Clinton League (sometimes called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1938-1943. The book shows the development of the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio, and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
: P285_MB1_037 Subjects
: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; Teachers; Students; School buildings; Education--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)