Olentangy Park boathouse   Save
Olentangy Park boathouse
Description: Photograph showing the old boathouse at Olentangy Park. Olentangy Park was an amusement park which operated from the 1890s until 1938, located between North High Street and the Olentangy River in Columbus, Ohio. This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. H. V. Cottrell, historian for the Clinton League (sometimes called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1938-1943. The book shows the development of the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio, between 1912 and 1938, and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: P285_MB1_052
Subjects: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; Olentangy River (Ohio); Amusement parks; Boats and boating;
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)