Clinton League members at the library   Save
Clinton League members at the library
Description: Photograph showing six women at the Clintonville Library, 1939. At this time, the Clintonville branch was located at 14 West Lakeview Avenue in the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio. This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. Mary Schafer, historian for the Clinton League (earlier called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1948-1953. The book shows the development of Clintonville between 1938 and 1953, and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: P285_MB1_222
Subjects: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; Libraries--Ohio--History
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)