Marion Commandery on West Wyandot St.   Save
Marion Commandery on West Wyandot St.
Description: The photograph shows a parade of men from the Knights Templar Marion Commandery marching down West Wyandot Street in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. They wear feathered hats, dark long coats with medals, and belts. They all carry staffs. A crowd is gathered on the sidewalks watching, and a horse and buggy stands stopped on the side of the brick street. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a traveling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV30_B05F05_34
Subjects: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Streets--Ohio; Parades & processions
Places: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)