: The photograph shows Sandusky Avenue in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. The photographer stands on the southeast corner of Sandusky and Wyandot Ave. facing north. The Citizens Bank building, an osteopath, Vogel and Stutz Shoes, a wall paper store, Mang's Meat Market, J. Fisher and Son Department Store, and a cafe can be seen on the west side of Sandusky Avenue. A horse and buggy comes east down Wyandot Ave. towards a dog standing in the intersection. Horses and buggies are parked on the street and bikes lean against the storefronts on the sidewalk.Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a traveling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas.
View on Ohio Memory.
: AV30_B05F05_43 Subjects
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Stores & shops; Streets--Ohio; City and town life; Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio);