: Three photographs document the site of Fort St. Clair near Eaton, Ohio. Fort St. Clair was built in 1792 by General James Wilkinson as a supply post on the Ohio frontier. On November 6, 1792, Fort St. Clair was attacked by Chief Little Turtle of the Miami tribe and more than 200 of his men. The fort was later used as a supply stop by General "Mad" Anthony Wayne, who achieved a decisive victory against the Indians at the Battle of Fallen Timbers. Fort St. Clair Park was created in 1923 to commemorate the site. The photographs measure 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm). View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3077_3671446_001 Subjects
: Military Ohio; Plants and Animals; Forts & fortifications; Bridges; Trees; Columns Places
: Eaton (Ohio); Preble County (Ohio)