: Dated ca. 1895, this broadside advertises price cuts for medicine, toiletries, and soaps sold by Garver Bros. & Co. of Strasbourg, Ohio, in Tuscarawas County. The Garver Brothers, G. Rudolph (Rudy) and G. Albert, operated the store which their father Philip founded in 1866, which eventually sold a wide range of items including dry goods, furniture, groceries, shoes, and much more. It came to be known as the "World's Largest Country Store" and before long their clientele expanded beyond Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: OVS3476 Subjects
: Advertisements; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business; Medicine; Retail trade--Ohio--Columbus; Health and hygiene Places
: Strasburg (Ohio); Tuscarawas County (Ohio)