: A group of women cross the street in front of the Ohio National Bank, which was formerly located at 167 South High Street in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Built in 1911, the building featured a granite foundation, limestone walls, and bronze fittings. Acquired by National City Corporation in 1984, this branch of the Ohio National Bank closed in 1999. Several of the women are carrying dark purses in their arms.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B05F131_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Downtowns; Pedestrians; Banks and banking Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)