: A family feeds the pigeons on the grounds of the Ohio Statehouse, which is located at the corner of Broad and High Streets in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Completed in 1861, this Greek Revival building houses the Ohio legislature and the ceremonial offices of the executive branch of government. In the background is a sundial dedicated in 1941 by the Daughters of the Union, an auxiliary branch of the Grand Army of the Republic.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B04F099_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Downtowns; Ohio Statehouse (Columbus, Ohio); Birds; Families Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)