: A group of painters using scaffolding and ladders paint the window frames of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church at the intersection of West Woodruff Avenue and North High Street in the University District of Columbus, Ohio. The University District includes the small neighborhoods to the east and south of The Ohio State University campus on either side of the High Street corridor. Designed and constructed by the architectural firm of Brooks and Coddington, St. Stephen's was completed in 1954 and consecrated in 1957.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B10F260_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; University District (Columbus, Ohio); Church buildings--Ohio; Painters -- Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)