: This image shows the front facades of both the old and new Medina County courthouses, located at 99 Public Square. The old courthouse was originally built in 1841 and over the years, it has transformed to incorporate multiple architectural styles, including Greek Revival and Second Empire. It is connected by a passageway to a newer building, also called the Medina County Courthouse, which was built in 1969. It serves as a second Common Pleas Court. D.H. Weed was contractor for original building (1840); T. Dudley Allen was architect for renovation (1873). The new courthouse was built next to the original 1841 county courthouse to accommodate the growing county.
View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F04_313 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; columns (architectural elements) Places
: Medina (Ohio); Medina County (Ohio)