: This image shows the front facade of the Old Medina County Courthouse, located at 99 Public Square. The old courthouse was originally built in 1841 and over the years, it has transformed to incorporate multiple architectural styles, including Greek Revival and Second Empire. It is connected by a passageway to a newer building, also called the Medina County Courthouse, which was built in 1969. It serves as a second Common Pleas Court. D.H. Weed was contractor for original building (1840); T. Dudley Allen was architect for renovation (1873). View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F04_316 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; porticoes; mansard roofs; clock towers; columns (architectural elements); cornices; Greek Revival; Second Empire Places
: Medina (Ohio); Medina County (Ohio)