Montgomery County Historical Society   Save
Montgomery County Historical Society
Description: This is a courtroom inside the former Montgomery County Courthouse, which now houses the Montgomery County Historical Society. This structure, built between 1847 and 1850 at a cost of $63,000, was designed in temple form and is recognized as an outstanding example of Greek Revival architecture. It has a stone roof and a cantilevered stone staircase. The courtroom has wrought iron brackets that support the visitors' gallery. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV101_B01F05_346
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; columns (architectural elements); porticoes; arches; vaults (structural elements); pilasters; Greek Revival
Places: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio); 451 W. 3rd St.