: This image shows the front facade of the Seneca County Courthouse. This is the county's third courthouse, and it was built between 1884 and 1886 by architect Elijah Myers. During the 1940s, renovations modernized the Beaux-Arts building including the removal of the statue of Justice on top of the clock tower, lowering the tower's height from 148 feet to 107. Paired fluted columns and a triangular pediment frame the two-story archway that encloses the south entrance. In 2012, this courthouse was torn down. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F06_434 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; arches; clock towers; columns (architectural elements); pediments; pilasters; cornices; balconies; Beaux-Arts Places
: Tiffin (Ohio); Seneca County (Ohio); 103 S. Washington St.