Shelby County Courthouse   Save
Shelby County Courthouse
Description: The present Shelby County Courthouse was completed in 1883 by architect George Maetzel. The courthouse is surrounded by impressive buildings in multiple architectural styles with its central location in the business district. It represents the Second Empire style and features four identical facades, as well as a centrally placed clock tower that rises from the mansard roof. This image shows the front facade. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV101_B01F06_440
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; pavilions (building divisions); columns (architectural elements); porches; balustrades; clock towers; mansard roofs; Second Empire
Places: Sidney (Ohio); Shelby County (Ohio); 129 E. Court St.