: The present Shelby County Courthouse was completed in 1883 by architect George Maetzel. The courthouse is surrounded by impressive buildings in multiple architectural styles with its central location in the business district. It represents the Second Empire style and features four identical facades, as well as a centrally placed clock tower that rises from the mansard roof. This image shows the front entrance. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F06_442 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; pavilions (building divisions); columns (architectural elements); porches; balustrades; clock towers; mansard roofs; Second Empire Places
: Sidney (Ohio); Shelby County (Ohio); 129 E. Court St.