: This is a window of the Coshocton County Courthouse. The structure was built between 1873 and 1875 by architects Carpenter and Williams, and it sits on a central four-acre square. S. Harold & Co. were the contractors. The Second Empire style building is unaltered in appearance since its completion. The characteristic mansard roof and clock tower are accented with curly pediments, and inside, open cast-iron stairways that incorporate wooden banisters create an intimate and inviting environment. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F02_094 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; mansard roofs; dormers; pediments; clock towers; Second Empire Places
: Coshocton (Ohio); Coshocton County (Ohio); 349 1/2 Main St.