: This image shows the front facade of the Erie County Courthouse. The original courthouse was completed in 1874 in the Second Empire style with a mansard roof and imposing corner towers. During the 1930s funds from the Works Progress Administration funds were used to remodel the courthouse into the popular Art Deco style of the time. The mansard roof and ornamentation were removed in favor of the smooth limestone facade it presently has. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F02_128 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; arches; clock towers; Second Empire; Art Deco Places
: Sandusky (Ohio); Erie County (Ohio); 323 Columbus Ave.