: This image shows the side facade of the Fayette County courthouse. It was built between 1882 and 1885 by architect David Gibbs in an eclectic architectural style, features of which included an arched entrance, pedimented pavilion, and central belfry surmounted by a statue of Justice. Renowned for its Willard murals located outside the entrance to the courtroom, the mural's themes of electricity, telegraphy, and mail represent the early progress of Fayette County. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F02_138 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; clock towers; arches; flat roofs; pediments; pavilions (building divisions); belfries (equipment spaces) Places
: Washington Court House (Ohio); Fayette County (Ohio); 110 E. Court