Fayette County Courthouse   Save
Fayette County Courthouse
Description: This image shows the front facade of the Fayette County courthouse. It was built between 1882 and 1885 by architect David Gibbs in an eclectic architectural style, features of which included an arched entrance, pedimented pavilion, and central belfry surmounted by a statue of Justice. Renowned for its Willard murals located outside the entrance to the courtroom, the mural's themes of electricity, telegraphy, and mail represent the early progress of Fayette County. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV101_B01F02_139
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; clock towers; arches; flat roofs; pediments; pavilions (building divisions); belfries (equipment spaces)
Places: Washington Court House (Ohio); Fayette County (Ohio); 110 E. Court