: This shows the front facade of the Athens County Courthouse. The structure, built from 1878-1880 by architect H.E. Myers, is the third building to occupy this site on Court Street. The buildings lining Court Street are renowned for their historic charm with most dating from 1880-1910; as a result, the steep entrance to the courthouse is located in the heart of Athens, Ohio, home to Ohio University. The interior was remodeled in the 1930s with funding from the Works Progress Administration. In 1992, it was connected to the adjacent Cline building, forming the Athens County Administration Building complex. It is represents a combination of several architectural styles, including Italian Villa Style, Richardsonian Romanesque and Classic Revival (European revival style). View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F01_022 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; clock towers; porticoes; balustrades; Italian Villa Style; Richardsonian Romanesque; Classical Revival (European revival style) Places
: Athens (Ohio); Athens County (Ohio); 15 Court St.