: This image shows the side facade of the Brown County Courthouse. This is one of the oldest surviving courthouses in Ohio and is the focal point of Georgetown, Ohio, the county seat. The Greek Revival building was constructed from 1849-1851 by architect Hubbard Baker, and transverse wings were added to the building in 1914. Despite a 1977 fire that almost destroyed the building, it remains intact. The courthouse is part of the Georgetown Historic District and is surrounded by early Federal style houses. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F01_045 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; clock towers; arches; Greek Revival Places
: Georgetown (Ohio); Brown County (Ohio); 101 S. Main St.